Is there a pain in your butt?
The spinal column gives the body support and strength, it is the pillar upon which we rest. It connects the central nervous system, the cerebral spinal fluid, and the central blood supply in the body. It contains every thought, feeling, and response held in our body.
In the United States, last year $86 BILLION dollars was spent on back and neck pain. Many cases of back pain begin with an injury of some sort. But, if you look carefully you may also find a psychosomatic issue that may have caused weakness, tension or pain before the injury occurred.
There are always exceptions to this if there is a genetic issue in the bone.
Research has shown that people with chronic back pain will unconsciously tighten their back muscles when they become emotionally upset. It is possible to listen to the messages your back is sending you and see the pain in a different way.
There may be a way to help you offset the pain before it gets worse. Introspection of one’s self is a great place to start looking.
The lower back expresses the weight of responsibility in our lives. This area is in the 1st and 2nd Chakra and has to do with survival, security, and feeling supported by yourself and others within your Tribe.
BodyMind dialogue for back pain:
- Are you feeling any resentment, anger or grief you haven’t dealt with? Have you put it behind you to
deal with another day?
- Do you feel unsupported or let down by someone?
- Are you feeling like you have to do everything on your own?
- Is there support available to me I am avoiding or ignoring?
- What will it take to ask for support?
- Am I afraid of losing something?
- Are you wanting to blame others for your life?
- Do you feel like someone is being a pain in your ass? (are you giving them your power)